I've always been fascinated by people who climb mountains. However, it was never been a passion that I have had the opportunity and time to cultivate. That needs to be changed, and I have set a goal to climb Kilimanjaro in 2020.
The reason I chose this mountain is that you can walk all the way to the top and it does not require any special equipment. However, I have always had a passion for climbing, but I would like to start out quietly, although I have heard that hiking this mountain should be a great challenge.
However, I have hiked in high mountains many times in my life, and I have crossed the Pyrenees on foot and hiked in high mountains in the United States, Mexico, and Colombia. I have never been to Africa before and my goal is Kilimanjaro!
Before I start buying too much mountaineering equipment, I need to be able to strengthen my ankles. I just invested in a balance board so I can settle on this in the office every day, and make sure I get some strong ankles as I have been dealing with weak ankles for many years.
Facts about Kilimanjaro
- Kilimanjaro is Africa's highest mountain: 5895 m.h.
- The mountain is located in Tanzania, but close to the border with Kenya
- It is the tallest volcano in the world (Consists of three extinct volcanoes)
- The mountain area has been transformed into a national park, which is part of UNESCO's World Heritage List.
- There are seven official routes to climb Kilimanjaro.
- More than 30,000 people try to climb the mountain every year.
- A rule of thumb says that the success rate on completing the climb is 80% when you spend more than seven days.
- One can walk all the way to the top of Kilimanjaro.
- If you are considering climbing Kilimanjaro you should pay close attention to safety.
It really requires some training and preparation to go there. At the moment I am running almost every day, and when I am not running, I have bought some training gear at https://www.billig-fitness.dk/ so are improved my morning routines, and I can now put in one more workout a day because I have some training equipment at home.
Sending a big thanks to Billig Fitness